Kitchen Cleaning Chemicals: Achieve Hygiene & Safety Standards!
Kitchen cleaning chemicals are janitorial supplies for cleaning and sanitizing various surfaces, utensils, and appliances. They can be found in household and commercial settings. Restaurants, hotels, hospitals, institutions, and caterers buy cleaning chemicals to remove dirt, stains, grease, bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants to meet the hygiene and safety standards for handling and preparing food. Since improper cleaning and sanitizing involves potential health risks, using the right cleaning chemicals is crucial. For a hygienic commercial kitchen, you can find 5 common types of kitchen cleaning chemicals in the foodservice industry.
Types Of Kitchen Cleaning Chemicals
Kitchen cleaning chemicals come in multiple forms, including liquids, powders, sprays, and tablets. They are categorized based on their intended use and the surfaces they clean. For instance, floor cleaners easily remove the grease or dirt buildup on hard floors, and glass cleaners help achieve spotless glassware without causing scratches. These 5 types of kitchen cleaning chemicals are food service chemicals, neutral cleaners, test strips, cleaning kits, commercial sanitizers and disinfectants.
- Food Service Chemicals: Commercial kitchens generate a lot of grease and oil that piles up on equipment parts, affecting performance and taste. Oven cleaners, degreasers, and fryer cleaners effectively clean stubborn food residues on grills, stovetops, ovens, fryers, or ranges. Also, use ice machine sanitizers to prevent bacteria growth in ice makers, descalers to remove mineral deposits in coffee machines, steamers, dishwashers, and food-grade lubricants to keep your machinery running smoothly.
- Neutral Cleaners: These cleaning chemicals are generally milder and less aggressive as they are neither too acidic nor too alkaline. They ensure gentler cleaning to remove dirt, dust, light grease, and general grime without damaging sensitive surfaces or causing discoloration.
- Test Strips: Test strips are coated with strips that react with the tested liquid to show its quality. Use water test strips for water quality monitoring and oil test strips for specifying oil change cycles in your fryers.
- Cleaning Kits: Kits compile all the tools, products, and cleaning chemicals in one package. The contents of the kits depend on the surface and purpose. Window kits include different supplies from kitchen kits.
- Commercial Sanitizers & Disinfectants: These cleaning chemicals prevent the growth and spread of viruses and other pathogens on food contact surfaces, utensils, and equipment.
Protect your floors, surfaces, and appliances sanitary with cleaning chemicals at Chef’s Deal. Browse janitorial supplies to find more products for creating a safe and comfortable environment for your guests and employees.