Fine-Tune Slice Sizes With Commercial Vegetable Slicers and Cutters
Commercial vegetable slicers and cutters are versatile food prep equipment for cutting fruit and vegetables into pieces at customizable sizes with modular blades. Preparing large amounts of produce for salads, pizzas, sandwiches, stir-fried dishes, or other menu items is time-consuming. It is also a tiring process, causing a lot of mess. How you do the food prepping makes a difference in your kitchen's productivity, consistency, and speed. Industrial vegetable slicers help you dice, slice, cut, chop, core, peel, or portion food, decreasing prep time and reducing waste.
Types Of Commercial Vegetable Slicers
It is common to use individual tools for different food prep jobs due to the unique texture of certain vegetables. That's why tomato slicers and French fry cutters are marketed separately. Commercial vegetable slicers work perfectly well with all other produce. Still, you may come across a few types when shopping for vegetable cutters.
- Slicers: Some commercial vegetable slicers are all-purpose cutters that can chop fruit and vegetables into slices at desired thicknesses with interchangeable blade sets. For example, Edlund Titan Series Max-Cut slicer units have various blade cartridges and pusher sets to offer an all-in-one solution. They can dice tomatoes, onions, wedge lemons, or core apples. Similarly, Nemco Easy Chopper 3 slicers come with multiple blade sets to chop, slice, or wedge, peppers, onions, celery, or fresh herbs.
- Onion Cutters: These commercial vegetable slicers chop onions in flower or square shapes. The top-down action with a handle provides the mechanical leverage to cut even the toughest and largest onions. They stand on angled legs with non-slip feet to open enough space for a food pan under the cutting area. The chopped onions will directly fall into the container.
- Lettuce Cutters: A lettuce head is larger than many other vegetables. Therefore, lettuce cutters have a large cutting area and pusher block. You can easily slice a whole head of looseleaf, iceberg, or other lettuce without precutting them. You can make slices or square cuts of various sizes depending on the knife type. For instance, Uniworld UPLC-1 Lettuce Cutter cuts lettuce, cabbage, or similar vegetables into one or half-inch squares. The raised body allows placing a pan underneath to hold the sliced lettuce, causing no mess on the countertop.
Finding The Best Commercial Vegetable Slicer
Safety, ease of operation, and durability are central to all commercial vegetable slicers. You pull down a handle or turn a crank to do the job. Most manufacturers prefer cast aluminum in the body, but rust-proof stainless steel is the standard in blades. The parts are dishwasher-safe. The blade cartridge can be snapped in and out for cleaning or replacement without additional tools or skill. Slice/cut size and installation should be the main considerations when buying a commercial vegetable slicer and cutter.
- Slice/Cut Size: Tacos, salads, wraps, or sandwiches call for distinct slice sizes. You can make from 1/8 to1-inch slices by changing the blade set. In some commercial vegetable slicers, size variation may not require a cartridge replacement. For example, you can make 1 or 1/2-inch slices by rotating the top blade in Kutlett Lettuce Cutter by Silver King | FMP.
- Installation Type: Commercial vegetable slicers can be used on a countertop or wall. Countertop models grip firmly on the surface with non-skid feet or a suction base. Wall-mount models are fixed on a wall. Some units feature a quick disconnect wall mount bracket.
Chef's Deal has a wide selection of commercial vegetable slicers and cutters. You can select a suitable one for your business from high-quality brands such as Edlund, FMP, Nemco, and more. You can also see other commercial fruit and vegetable cutters to have consistent slices and parts.