Southbend: Made in the USA, World Leader in Cooking Equipment
Commercial cooking equipment is the backbones of any food service business as the most significant part of the work relies on them in a commercial kitchen. The Southbend Company has began to take its place in the industry in 1898 as the malleable steel range manufacturing company established by William Kizer and Jacob Woolverton. And later, it became a division of Middleby Corporation and one of the world’s best commercial cooking equipment brands with high-quality, durable, and energy-efficient appliances.
Southbend has been manufacturing commercial cooking equipment for industrial use for beyond a century. The Company has always been at the top in quality and performance because the products are designed to ensure energy-saving, safety, and efficiency.
- Energy efficiency is one of the principles that Southbend adopts. The units are designed to consume less energy, and the use of led lighting or self-closing doors ensures efficiency and saving energy.
- Putting customers’ contentment first place, Southbend commercial kitchen equipment is designed requiring little training to be used easily daily.
- Durability is the major point for commercial equipment that will stand heavy usage. Southbend cooking equipment designed to last for long years and withstand the heavy work of a commercial kitchen will save you money in the long term.
Southbend Cooking Equipment
1. Commercial Ranges
Southbend ranges are designed to withstand the demands of high-volume establishments, available in several configurations, such as custom shelves or burner and grate options, allowing you to create your kitchen with the combinations you prefer.
- Platinum Range: The Platinum Sectional from Southbend is built to endure the demands of high-volume establishments. Including griddles, charbroilers, fryers, broilers, and ranges, platinum series’ equipment can be combined to meet any request of a heavy-trafficked restaurant.
- Ultimate Range: In Southbend Ultimate Range Series, the gas shut-off valve is an important feature, allowing the range to shut down safely. The porcelain cavity prevents moisture and corrosion inside. Southbend Ultimate Ranges are available in 5 size options and with a snap-action thermostat feature.
- S-Series Range: You can choose from available configurations such as hot tops, open burners or griddles, and different width options to get the best range for your establishment, considering your available space and what you will be cooking.
2. Convection Ovens
With the great experience and knowledge of 100+ years in the industry, Southbend produces cooking equipment with valuable features that will meet the needs of a commercial kitchen. Southbend convection ovens are one of them with heat mixing technology, which mixes hot air with cool air to get tempered air guaranteeing even cooking and quick recovery times. The high power of patented in-shot burner technology can fulfill the requirements of any commercial kitchen. The non-clogging burners of a Southbend convection oven provide efficiency and evenly cooked food. Additionally, being stackable on top of each other makes them easy to place and saves room.
- Tv-Series: The Truvection Oven Series consists of low-profile, high-efficiency, and flexible convection ovens that can be used whether stacked on a countertop or range base.
- K-Series: Designed for schools, K-Series Convection Ovens’ BTU output is 11 kw per deck. They come with single or double deck options with standard depth, with cook and hold features.
- G-Series Half Size: This series of Southbend Convection Ovens are ideal for small-sized establishments. The BTU output is 7.5 kw per deck.
- G-Series: With 9000 BTU or 11kw per deck, G-Series come with standard or bakery depth, and you can find them in single or double deck. They’re standard or have cook&hold controls, and you can also select Energy Star compliant models.
- B-Series: B-Series are available in single or double deck with 40,000 to 54,000 BTU or 7,5 kw per deck. They have standard depth and controls. You can also choose Energy Star models of the B-Series.
- SL- Series: SL-Series come with single or double deck and 7200BTU or 11 kw per deck. They are standard or have a bakery depth with available Energy Star compliant models.
Southbend commercial broilers are the products of over 100 years of experience, built with stainless steel frames, heavy-duty construction, and rapid cooking times, providing perfect outcomes. Southbend infrared broilers take 45-90 seconds to preheat up to 1650° F. the infrared heat rapidly diffuses to meat, keeping it juicy. Southbend radiant broilers take 15 minutes to heat up to 1000° F. radiant broiler burners are rated up to 110,00 BTU per broiler deck.
- Upright Broilers: Southbend upright infrared broilers heat up to 1650°F in 90 seconds and require no recovery time, which is ideal for high-level establishments in rush hours.
- 34” Upright Infrared Broiler Gas Single Deck: The blowing filtered air feature prevents smoke and fastens broiling times. Stainless steel material ensures durability against heavy usage.
- Salamander Broilers: Southbend salamander broilers are designed for small kitchens that can be mounted above a range, a wall, or can be used on the countertop. They combine efficiency and speed, ending with perfect results. The dual controls make it energy-saving, and the high-quality materials ensure longevity.
- 32” Radiant Salamander Broiler: The large cooking area provides more output while saving energy. As with all other Southbend commercial kitchen equipment, this unit is built with several features to provide easy usages for investors, such as a removable grease drawer for easy cleaning or cool-touch handles to prevent injuries and burns.
A cheesemelter can be used for melting cheese, toasting, finishing foods, or warming plates. Southbend cheesemelters can be mounted on the wall, above a range, or countertop, depending on your available space.
Southbend has fryer models in different capacities for every volume of food service establishment. Whether with a built-in filtration or a mobile fryer filter, Southbend fryers guarantee quality outcomes and save energy.
- Economy fryers are available in three models that are 35-40 lb., 42-50 lb., and 65-80 lb. capacity and stainless steel pot.
- Southbend mid-tier fryers are available in 45-50 lb. and 70-90 lb. capacity and the tube-type pot ensures the heat is evenly distributed.
- Platinum sectional fryers are available in 45 lb. and 65 lb. capacity and come with a drain or filter cabinet. Portable fryer filters made of stainless steel are another option for filtering oil.
Whether with manual or snap-action thermostatic controls, Southbend griddles provide you to set the exact temperatures for perfect results. 1” thick steel plate of the griddles ensures even cooking and rapid recovery times.
Cast iron burners provide consistent heat, controlled by a valve, allowing to set the burners to the wanted temperatures. Insulated walls maintain the heat while cooking, which means saving energy. And lastly, the stainless steel material of the charbroiler is easy to clean, and it has splash guards to prevent grease on the countertop.
Southbend Refrigeration Equipment
Southbend’s self-contained and remote freezers and refrigerators chef bases are made from stainless steel, providing durability and designed to support any range top. Self-closing doors are energy-efficient, drawers are convenient for heavy traffic, and the expansion valve is included for quick temperature recovery.
With high-quality, durable, customizable, and energy-efficient cooking equipment they have been producing for over 100 years, Southbend is an expert in the industry. From ranges to ovens, Southbendnc continues to take its place in commercial kitchens, with innovative technologies each time.