January often marks new beginnings and endings as the month of the first holiday on the calendar. Many of us embark on a new lifestyle with New Year’s resolutions. It’s also a month of national holidays, and National Bittersweet Chocolate Day is one of the sweetest. The timing, January 10, is meaningful. You might forget about your resolutions to break unhealthy habits after the first ten days of the year. National Bittersweet Chocolate Day can help you kick-off healthy habits. You can let the bittersweet chocolate cure your heart, relieve your mind, and improve your social relations.
National Bittersweet Chocolate Day: The Awesome Match of Contrasts
National Bittersweet Chocolate Day is a unique chance to indulge in bittersweetness: a rare word combination. Isn’t it weird that two almost mutually exclusive words pair and create a delectable flavor? Bitterness is something we don’t often want to hear or experience. People are frequently interested in sweet truths rather than bitter facts. Who dares to go out in the bitter cold? A bitter conflict is hard to settle, just like a bitter disappointment to accept. Many are even unwilling to take bitter medicine despite its healing effect.
Nobody would like to recall bitter memories. Chocolate is a scarce food that presents sweetness in bitterness. And National Bittersweet Chocolate Day is an exquisite occasion creating sweet memories you’d always wish to remember even years later. Therefore, running out of bittersweet chocolate on this blissful day would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow. The best to do on the day is first to spoil your heart, mind, and stomach with bittersweet chocolate. You can then put aside bitter arguments and share the joy of the day with others around you.
National Bittersweet Chocolate Day is an exceptional time when dark gives out bright feelings. Who’d normally aspire to see the dark side of things? Can you brighten up your life on a day with dark clouds? Everyone would crave to get over dark times and wake up to brighter days. A dark room makes you feel gloomy. You may have dark secrets that you cannot share with family and friends. Yet, dark chocolate makes the day bright, rocks the heart, and exhilarates emotions. National Bittersweet Chocolate Day is a fantastic event to share the brightness in the dark with anyone else.
4 Facts About National Bittersweet Chocolate Day
National Bittersweet Chocolate Day gives you a unique chance to relish the brightness and sweetness of dark bitter chocolate. Bittersweet chocolate is the sweetened version of dark chocolate that doesn’t contain any milk. Its ingredients are vanilla, sugar, cocoa liquor, and cocoa butter. Cocoa butter and sugar help balance the darkness and bitterness of the cocoa content. Here are some quick facts about the National Bittersweet Chocolate Day and this dark, bitter, and rich-in-flavor dessert:
- The chocolate liquor content must be at least 35%, as mandated by FDA. This chocolate falls into the semisweet chocolate type. It is the sugar-to-cocoa ratio that specifies the chocolate version. More than 70% of the content should be cocoa in real bittersweet chocolate.
- Many people love chocolate but have reservations due to some health concerns. Do you think a bar of chocolate is worth the toothache it causes? National Bittersweet Chocolate Day is perfect for you. Today, you can overindulge in dark chocolate because it doesn’t harm your teeth. Besides, it provides some health benefits. The antioxidants in cocoa beans are known to protect your heart and reduce blood pressure. Bittersweet chocolate also boosts your energy and makes you happy.
- The history of chocolate dates back to ancient times. The word chocolate was first used by Aztecs. They called the bitter water they obtained from the seeds of cocoa trees “xocolatl.” However, the origin and the founder of National Bittersweet Chocolate Day remain unknown.
- There are also other national days related to chocolate: National Dark Chocolate Day on February 1 and National Bittersweet Chocolate With Almonds Day on November 7.
The Best 3 Ways To Celebrate National Bittersweet Chocolate Day
There is no specific way to observe National Bittersweet Chocolate Day so that you can imagine your bittersweet chocolate feast. Some people may think that dark chocolate is only used as an ingredient in baking. Yes, lots of cakes and cookies can be mouthwatering with bittersweet chocolate. Yet, it is a delectable dessert in its own right. There are a few things you can do on this day.
- Start your National Bittersweet Chocolate Day with a coffee and chocolate breakfast. In honor of dark chocolate, go to your dark cove with a bar of bittersweet chocolate, of course. Break off a piece, hearing the crackly sound. Stick your tongue out and put the piece on it. Pull your tongue back into your mouth. Now close your eyes and let the chocolate melt and diffuse into your taste buds as you imagine yourself in your dream place. Repeat the process until you eat up the whole bar. If you like, you can let The Verve accompany your craving with the famous song Bitter Sweet Symphony.
- Giving gifts is a deeply rooted tradition in America. The best gift on National Bittersweet Chocolate Day would be a box of bittersweet chocolate. Order several boxes and send them to friends and family living in distant places. This way, you’ll deliver happiness.
- Throw a National Bittersweet Chocolate Day party for other bittersweet chocolate fanatics around you. Prepare or order a chocolate cake, chocolate cookies, and chocolate fudge pie, and devour these with an iced bittersweet chocolate latte or hot chocolate. Finish the day by dipping strawberries into your dark chocolate sauce. You can take pictures and share them on your social media with the #NationalBittersweetChocolateDay# hashtag.
National Bittersweet Chocolate Day Ideas For Foodservice Facilities
Like other national food holidays, National Bittersweet Chocolate Day can be a unique opportunity to promote your restaurant or bar. You can decorate the windows with eye-catching visuals featuring the health benefits and uplifting power of bittersweet chocolate. Different types of dark chocolate on chocolate display cases or a hot chocolate dispenser would help you attract more foot traffic. Why not offer a free bittersweet chocolate truffle to everyone stepping in your premises?
You can, of course, be more imaginative because chocolate itself fosters creativity. Plus, January is International Creativity Month – the perfect time to step out of your comfort zone. When you think outside the box, you can generate ideas to turn National Bittersweet Chocolate Day into a marketing opportunity for your business. Once you have one or several of the equipment below, the sky is your limit to creativity.
- Grindmaster PIC5 Pic Hot Powder Cappuccino/Hot Chocolate Dispenser: The PIC5 is an attractive and durable cappuccino and hot chocolate dispenser by Grindmaster-Cecilware. It features 5 direct-drive hoppers, each with a 5-pound capacity. With its front-lit graphics, it rests on your countertop as an illuminated merchandiser. The 7 inch-cup clearance allows for hot chocolate delivery in most cup sizes. You can hypnotize your customers on National Bittersweet Chocolate Day with this eye-opening dispenser.
- Adcraft HCD-10 Hot Chocolate Dispenser with 10-Liter Capacity: The HCD-10 is an ideal hot chocolate dispenser for high-volume applications. Its stylish design lets customers watch the hot chocolate boil and flow down into cups. The boiler tank and heating element are made of durable stainless steel. It can deliver hot chocolate consistently through its anti-clogging faucet. You can serve hot chocolate cups to your customers, celebrating their National Bittersweet Chocolate Day.
- Waring WCM3 17″ Chocolate Dipping / Tempering Machine: This is a great device to melt professionally or manually temper hot chocolate. The melting process is facilitated with adjustable controls. You can pour tempered hot chocolate on your fruit bowls, ice cream cups, or cake platters.
- Eurodib USA KAEB01 Vending Merchandising Kiosk: This commercial crepe maker cart would be an excellent addition to your restaurant. You can place it in front of your restaurant. The 4 casters also make it possible to maneuver it through tables and meet instant crepe demands.
- Federal Industries FCC6 72″ Chocolate Display Case: Placing this chocolate merchandiser at the entrance of your restaurant will attract chocolate lovers on National Bittersweet Chocolate Day. The adjustable temperature and humidity systems help keep chocolates and other confections glaring without discoloration. The sight of chocolate in a stylish display will create happy customers even if they don’t eat chocolate.
National Bittersweet Chocolate Day – The Core Of Sweeter Days
Life isn’t always rainbows and butterflies. There are, at times, bitter pills to swallow for everyone. You sometimes have to accept some bitter facts. National Bittersweet Chocolate Day can be a perfect time to strike a balance in your life. The day honors the health benefits of bittersweet chocolate and the elevation of chocolate for making the impossible possible, bringing together bitter and sweet.
Just like bittersweet chocolate, life is sometimes bitter now and sweet then. The pills you swallow to digest the bitter facts in life don’t have to be bitter. Bittersweet chocolate is a medicine that heals the heart, mind, and social relations. Have more dark chocolate for healthier and brighter days every day, beginning from National Bittersweet Chocolate Day.