Popular Refreshing Drinks From Soda Dispensers
Few treats are as refreshing as an ice-filled cup of carbonated drink on scorching days. And no other beverage equipment can dispense different chilled beverage flavors faster and more efficiently than soda dispensers and fountain machines. Soda fountain machines dispense soft drinks flavored with syrup pumped from a unique vessel called bag-in-box (BIB). Also known as postmix beverage dispensers, fountain drink machines make perfect self-serve beverage stations in fast-food restaurants, cafeterias, shopping mall food stalls, catered events, and more.
Some Basics Of Buying A Soda Dispenser
Serving yourself a fountain drink from a soda dispenser is straightforward. You push a lever or press a button, filling your cup with the precise amount of fizzy water with the sugary flavor of your choice. Here are quick purchasing tips for choosing a fountain drink dispenser among the equipment with many features and sizes.
- Sizing and Spacing: Soda dispensers are available in various sizes and shapes. When you plan the spot to place your fountain machine, remember that these units have a carbonator tank and BIBs. These containers can occupy a considerable footprint. The configuration of syrup pumps can also make a difference in using the available space efficiently. When mounted sideways, they will take up less horizontal space.
- Capacity: In soda dispensers, there are several capacity considerations. First, 20 pounds is the average for carbonator tanks in most commercial applications. Next, you need to check the BIB capacities. A rule of thumb in calculating BIB size is that a 5-gallon syrup box produces around 30 gallons of drinks. Finally, fountain drink machines can have onboard ice dispensers. Ice bins that can accommodate 150 or 300 pounds of ice are widespread. Two points are crucial: your foot traffic and the total weight your counter can stand.
- Number of Valves: Head-only units have just ice and water dispensing valves. Others can have up to 12 valves. If you prefer a double-sided model, your soda dispenser will have 24 valves.
- Mounting Style: Your options are countertop and in-counter. Countertop soda dispensers are perfect for self-serve beverage stations. They are easier to install and can be paired with top-mounted ice bins. In-counter or drop-in soda dispenser machines fit into the cutout on your counter, concealing their bottom-mounted ice bin. When manually filling the ice bin, you do not have to lift ice buckets too high.
- Dispensing Style: Soda dispensers have lever-activated or push-button dispensing valves. Only the beverage cup touches the valve in lever activation, which may be more sanitary. Push buttons can be easier and more convenient for customers and servers.
Where and how you install your soda dispenser and fountain machines can attract more or fewer customers. The models at Chef's Deal can be configured into an island beverage setup. You can ask for assistance from our free counseling, design, and layout service for installation to provide customers and operators with maximum convenience. Remember also to check out other beverage equipment to complete your beverage station.