Combination Holding & Proofing Cabinets: Two-In-One Convenience
Combination holding and proofing cabinets are versatile food holding and warming equipment integrating two functions in the same footprint. They provide the ideal temperature and humidity levels for proofing dough and keeping cooked products hot. They easily enable you to prove the dough and keep the cooked food hot in a single compartment with individual controls for holding and proofing functions or in two separate sections. Heated-holding-proofing cabinets give you additional flexibility by using the moisture from the dough-rising function to keep meals longer without drying them out.
How To Choose The Right Combination Holding And Proofing Cabinet
Combination holding and proofing cabinets are essential for foodservice facilities that make or serve dough-based menus. They can make a huge difference in the food prep and serving line by holding volumes of dough to rise before being baked and maintaining the “just out of the oven” freshness and texture of finished products. Thus, you are always ready for rushes on busy days. The main considerations when you purchase a combination and proofing cabinet:
- Temperature Ranges: These commercial restaurant equipment offer independent temperature adjustments. Holding mode temperatures should go up to 185°F to keep dishes at serving warmth. A temperature range of 70 to 115°F would be sufficient for the proofing mode. The proofer also allows you to adjust the humidity levels roughly between 30% and 95%.
- Sizes: Combination holding and proofing cabinets come in 4 standard sizes: undercounters (25”-40”), half-height (40”-50”), 3/4 height (50”-65”), and full-height (over 65”).
- Capacity: Capacities are specified as the number of halves or full-size sheet pans you can fit in a holding and proofing cabinet. This will vary based on the slide numbers and centers, which refers to the clearance between two slides. For instance, an undercounter cabinet with slides fixed on 1-1/2” centers can have enough room to accommodate up to 14 full-size pans. You will have more flexibility with universal adjustable slides; for example, “adjustable on 2” centers” means you can adjust slides at every 2-inch increments.
- Doors: Combination holding and proofing cabinets can have solid or clear doors. Solid doors are tightly sealed for better heat retention. Clear polycarbonate or glass doors are also energy-efficient because you can see the cabinet contents without opening the door and causing heat loss. Your cabinet can have one full door or two dutch doors (also known as half or split). You won’t have to expose the entire cabinet with dutch doors, which may help heat retention.
- Insulation: Non-insulated holding and proofing cabinets can be lighter and cheaper. Yet, your menus can stay hot and fresh for longer in insulated models. You also need insulation if you want a mobile heated holding-proofing cabinet.
Combination holding and proofing cabinets work in moisture and temperature ranges required to rise dough to perfection. They are also perfect for keeping cooked items at serving temperatures. Check out all the premium-quality cabinets from elite brands, BevLes Company, Metro, Cozoc, and many more. You may also wish to see our other holding & proofing cabinets according to your needs.