Commercial Combination Ovens – Your Versatile Chef In The Kitchen
Commercial combi ovens cook with convection heat, steam, or a combination of both to bake, roast, steam, smoke, or even fry delectable dishes. The convection mode creates crusty bakery items by blowing and circulating dry heat inside the oven cavity, while the steam mode provides moist heat to retain the juicy texture. The miracle is in the combination mode. Combination mode enables you to perfectly control the humidity levels using both steam and dry heat. Therefore, commercial combi ovens can produce customizable dishes appealing to the unique tastes of different customers in a single unit.
What Is A Combi Oven?
Cooking is usually done in two methods. Dry heat cooking involves exposing food items to direct heat. The final product gains a smoky texture with a brown and crispy crust, ideal for bread, pastries, and pizzas. Moist heat is based on cooking with moisture through steam. The aroma isn't smoky but tender and juicy. Commercial combi ovens are all-in-one units that combine both cooking methods in one commercial oven. Thus, you won't have to purchase multiple commercial ovens to please people's unique appetites.
Advantages of Combi Oven
Commercial combi ovens offer great benefits that make the investment worthwhile with the following benefits:
- The versatility of Combi Ovens: Commercial combi ovens have three modes: convection, steam, and combination to cook customer-tailored dishes, driving up your foot traffic.
- Combi Ovens Provide Space-efficiency: Not all diners enjoy the same taste and texture. Some may opt to devour their crusty pizza baked in a convection oven. Others will want to relish their poached tuna fish with steamed vegetables. A commercial combi oven saves you from keeping more than one unit to create these menus.
- Combi Ovens Are Cost Efficient: Commercial combi ovens' versatility prevents you from spending more on different commercial ovens. This smart solution to cooking can handle various cooking methods. If you're a full-size restaurant rich in menus, you would otherwise have to purchase several ovens.
- Combi Ovens Offer Speed and Healthy Cooking: With a commercial combi oven, you don't have to sacrifice speed for health or vice versa. These ovens can cook faster than traditional cooking methods. Cooking with steam and dry heat requires less grease, keeping the healthy nutrients. Food shrinkage is often not observed in combination ovens.
Considerations For Choosing Your Commercial Combi Oven
All the commercial combi-steam ovens have the three modes of convection, steam, and combination, and the other three considerations determine your purchase.
- Available Space for Size of Combi Ovens: Relying on the space open, you can choose a countertop or floor model. Floor modes can have heavy-duty casters for mobility. You can also go for double-stacked units placing one on top of the other.
- Business Type and Capacity For Dimensions Of Combi Ovens: Your business type and cooking volumes will specify the dimensions and number of pans your commercial combi oven can accommodate. You need a full-size sheet pan capacity of 18x22 inches for high-volume productions. G/N capacity refers to gastronomical-normal sizing often used in Europe, with dimensions represented in millimeters. For instance, 1/1 means a pan with 530x325 millimeters.
- Steam Type for Combi Ovens: In boiler combi ovens, steam is generated from water boiled in a tank. In boilerless models, water is injected onto the heating element to produce steam. These models are becoming more popular in the US.
Chef's Deal offers you a vast selection of commercial combi ovens from leading brands, Alto-Shaam, Blodgett, Convotherm, Electrolux, RATIONAL, UNOX, Henny Penny, and more. You may also wish to see other commercial ovens to find the best cooking equipment for your business.