Tastier and Healthier Ice with Ice Machine Water Filtration Systems
Ice machine water filtration systems enable you to produce crystal-clear ice. Ice is a multipurpose ingredient in commercial kitchens. Besides chilling products, some ice types are even edible. Therefore, everything about ice production must be sanitary. Untreated water going into ice machines can include dirt, rust particles, chlorine, cysts, and many other impurities. These will spoil the taste of ice and machine parts. Filters for ice machines remove all the abrasive particulates, saving energy and reducing downtime.
Considerations for Ice Machine Water Filtration Systems
- Filter Type: Not all ice machine filtration systems are designed to eliminate all the harmful substances in water. Your choice depends on your tap water quality. For instance, Hoshizaki ice machine filters boast up to 93.7% average chlorine reduction from the incoming water supply, eliminating tastes and odors of the ice. Scotsman water filters are powerful in inhibiting the growth of mold, bacteria, and algae using an antimicrobial compound.
- Capacity: It refers to how much water your ice machine filter system can treat. You must match your filtration capacity with your ice maker's production capacity. For example, a filtration system with a 21,000-gallon capacity is recommended for an ice maker to produce up to 500 pounds of ice per day.
- Filter Quantity: Ice machine water filtration systems can treat water in multiple steps. If you think your water is low quality, a triple system can be more helpful.
- Micron Rating: Micron rating relates to the ice machine water filtration system's particle reduction performance. A rating of 0.5 means the filter can trap dirt as small as 0.5 microns.
- Cartridge Replacement: Cartridges should remain sanitary during change-outs. Sanitary quick change cartridge design requires no contact with filter media, allowing for fast, easy, and hygienic cartridge change-out.
You can find the best ice machine water filtration systems at Chef's Deal from the leaders of the ice equipment industry, Blue Air, Atosa, Ice-O-Matic, and more. Since filters must be changed roughly every 6 months, you will also need replacement cartridges. You can also check out other commercial water filtration systems & water filters to find the water treatment system and cartridges.