Overhead Food Warmers: Heating Rays of Light
Overhead food warmers are engineered to maintain the warmth of hot food treats while on the buffet or self-service stations. These food service heat lamps emit high temperatures directly toward the food to preserve their heat level at the optimal service temperatures.
Overhead food warmers are not suitable for heating foods for longer periods as they may cause overcooking at the surface and underperform dense foods since they will not reach the center. Hence, it would be best if you preferred to employ these innovative and chic radiant heat lamps for buffet lines or high-traffic applications where the food does not wait under the warmer for longer periods.
Features and Benefits of Overhead Food Warmers
Commercial kitchen heat lamps will help you achieve the best service efficiency with the features with which they are produced:
- Restaurant heat lamps minimize the electricity consumption to warm the foods by providing lighting and heating at the same time.
- Foodservice heat lamps are low-cost solutions to food warming and can efficiently handle buffet-style or self-service concepts.
- These overhead warmers enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring that your customers enjoy warm food products and avoid any unpleasant feedback for underheated or cold meals.
- Overhead heat lamps also offer higher visibility for the staff and the customers by lighting the food as well.
Types of Overhead Food Warmers
1. Countertop Heat Lamps / Bulb Warmers
Countertop heat lamps which are also called bulb warmers, look like regular lamps in appearance, but they are used to warm foods on relatively smaller surfaces. These units run on electricity and can be plugged into standard outlets.
2. Strip Heat Lamps
Heating strip lamps feature a rectangular metal housing in which there are rows of heating elements. These strip warmers can cover a larger surface so that they can efficiently warm buffets.
Chef’s Deal is a reliable restaurant supply store near you with all commercial kitchen equipment needed in a restaurant, café, or other food-serving establishments to maximize customer satisfaction. So, we carry a rich inventory of food holding and warming equipment from the most trusted brands.